A Career With Us
We are dedicated to creating a supportive team environment that allows employees multiple opportunities for growth and experience across a wide range of projects throughout Australia. We strive to provide our workers with a safe work environment and effective training.
Since our beginning in 2014, looking after our team has been our key priority, and we strive to employ skilled people who have the enthusiasm and work ethic to complement our existing team.
Nathan Contractors works across a number projects in various locations around Australia, providing employees with the opportunity to consistently challenge themselves and build upon their skill-set.
We understand that providing employees with the opportunity for growth is a key factor for success in our business, and we believe we offer our employees variety in their roles, as well as the ability to transfer between specialties.
Interested in working with Nathan Contractors? See below the roles we’re currently trying to fill. If this sounds like a fit for you, email us at email@example.com
CIVIL ESTIMATOR – STRUCTURAL (BRISBANE OFFICE)
- Civil cost estimating
- Focus on structural concrete works: bridges, road and rail structures, mines infrastructure, energy, water and dam projects
- Tasks will include quantities measurement, cost estimates using first principles, liaison with suppliers and subcontractors, contractual matters, preparation of work methodologies, construction planning and programming, tender submissions and associated bidding activities
- Liaison with Nathan and Client personnel, conduct pre-contract negotiations
Ideally, you will possess the following experience:
- Five years of on-site construction experience with a civil contractor; this will have included senior project engineering or project management roles
- Solid experience in delivering structural concrete works within the civil, energy and mining industries
- A high level of competency in utilising computer software
- Sound technical knowledge; familiar with construction industry practices, quality systems, design codes, safety and environmental codes
- High attention to detail; advanced analytical skills
- A willingness to work closely with other staff
CIVIL TRADESMEN & SUPERVISORS – REGIONAL NSW
Must be skilled in:
- Pre-assembling form systems
- Positioning scaffold and staircases
- Erecting formwork for complex civil structures
Trade qualifications and the ability to read construction plans are skills that will be an advantage for this position.
Must be skilled in:
- Concrete placement
- Surfaces finishing
- Use of mechanical screeds, green-cutting and concrete curing
We want to hear fromcrane operators holding a current certificate for operating mobile cranes of up to 135 tonnes. The company has its own cranes and also seeks experienced workers with a dogmen certificate.
Leading hand tradespersons
Nathan requires leading hand tradespersons with experience in building large civil structures, leading a team of co-workers and who are keen to progress to a more senior role in due course. Skills in plan reading, computer entry, safety awareness, quality control and trades coordination will be an advantage for this role. If you are keen, have the drive and want to progress your career, we will assist you to consolidate your on-site experience and provide you with the skills training to prepare you for a future supervisory role.
We also want to hear from Senior Supervisors who have a demonstrated track record in delivering complex civil structures and leading multi-discipline site teams in the mining, energy, water and transport sectors. You will supervise the production, safety and quality elements of the works and lead several site teams across multiple structures.
Trade qualifications and on-site experience as a formwork carpenter or concreter is considered essential for this role, as is experience and skills training in computer systems, safety and people management. Nathan people work hands-on alongside work crews – if you enjoy getting your “hands dirty”, know your trade well and can motivate your co-workers, we want to hear from YOU.
Use the button below to send through a CV and contact details. We will be in touch very soon.